Where Does the Time Go: I’m Terribly Sorry

What’s the old expression, if ifs and sluts were candy and butts than every day would be Christmas? Teach a man to fish and he’ll go fishing instead of writing? Excuses are like buttholes: everyone has them because that’s how they poop?

Clearly, I’ve never been much for remembering exact words and phrases and, lately, I haven’t been much for writing them on here into ramblings about gravy troughs, freelance animal control adventures, or dinner party hijinx.  For my hiatus I do want to apologize; I gave no explanation for my unplanned, WordPress sabbatical and I hope that, despite my absence, you’ll continue to read my stuff going forward.

I thought I could make time for both, but over the last six weeks I was sucked down the rabbit hole of working on a novella.

Yes, at this point, I’ve finished the first draft of the short novel and have sent it out to a few friends to get notes so I can continue to make edits.  Anyways, I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted as it progresses and I’ll likely end up posting snippets or some random chapters of it on here to see what people on WordPress think. Overall, it’s not an especially long story, just under forty-thousand words; it would probably take the average person about two or three hours to read it, although for the average illiterate, feral wolf child it would probably take slightly longer.

Bottom line, I’ll be trying to get back in the swing of posting every week or two on here in the not-too-distant future and thank you guys for continuing to come around.

Wuv,

Justin

10 responses to “Where Does the Time Go: I’m Terribly Sorry

1. shacton@gmail.com January 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Can’t wait to read the novella.

I found another great excuse line this week. “I can promise you milk and cookies, but if the oven’s broken, you just get milk.”

Love, Mom

• justingawel January 7, 2014 at 5:44 pm

That’s a great line! It reminds me of the the “who wants pizza?” that’s immediately followed up by “oh, no, I’m not buying I was just curious.”

Also, I’m totally thrilled that you’d want to read the novella. I’ll be sure to keep you posted on the progression!

2. honeydidyouseethat? January 6, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Congrats. on the book. Can’t wait to read and laugh. I must be the only blogger who doesn’t have the goal of writing a book. Sigh.

• justingawel January 7, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Oh, no worries; I’m sure if inspiration ever strikes you that way that you’ll have no trouble writing one up. I didn’t really think it’d happen when I started blogging, but one day you find yourself here with a manuscript.

Also, I’m totally excited for you guys to read it. I’ll be sure to keep posting updates as things happen.

3. The Guat January 7, 2014 at 12:37 am

Nice! Glad you’re back :)

4. Kevin January 7, 2014 at 4:14 am

Well, you just made me feel like a worthless piece of crap because for the past six weeks I haven’t done anything like write a novel or learn to skin a bear in the Yukon. Now, I actually have to write more worthless advice for people like you. Oh, by the way, nice to have you back. I can’t wait to read the novella.

• justingawel January 7, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Thank you, thank you, I’ll be sure to keep posting updates on here as things progress and you guys will be the first to know the day it’s available in some medium.

And don’t feel bad about just a six week lapse, you’re just racking up the life experience to be transformed into information nuggets!

5. Chichina Guevara January 7, 2014 at 6:52 am

Nice to see you back. I can totally relate. I just published my first novel, and am doing a final proof and edit on my second……… It’s time consuming and the blog somehow falls by the wayside. You’re an incredibly gifted writer so I’m certain it will be a smashing success.

• justingawel January 7, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I’m flattered at your kind words and congrats on your second novel. It is really time consuming and just going through rewrites and rewrites to try to find the perfect phrasing to maximize the brevity and hilarity. Incredibly satisfying when you find the right words though